Sunday 23 June 2024

Wavertree Technology Park railway station

You cannot imagine my disappointment and shock when I arrived at Wavertree Technology Park only to discover that the signs had very recently been changed!!!!! Very shocking and means I have missed out on a chance to document the signs as they were, not that they were very exciting but that's OK. I still have things to talk about!

First of all, this station is relatively new, so its design is very grey. It is accessed by a bridge that goes over the track, which is also where the ticket office is. It's vaguely similar to Kirkdale, but I haven't written about that yet so there's not much point making the comparison.

A class 331 going through Wavertree Technology Park
I wasn't able to get a good picture of the signs on the bridge, but there were some good ones in Rail Alphabet saying which platforms to use to get to Liverpool and Manchester. 

Here is one of the new running-in boards. Notice how it is in Rail Alphabet again, which the previous ones weren't. It also has the Merseytravel logo on the left side, rather than the Merseyrail logo that they previously had. In the below image is one of the old signs, with the old Northern logo hidden behind a white sticker. In addition to this, you can see one of the old Information signs, with the Merseyrail logo in the bottom right corner. 

The replaced Information sign.
Another interesting feature of the station is the two analogue clocks, one on each platform. Both show the wrong time, and both show different times from one another. I would imagine this is because they are now considered obsolete, due to the digital information screens on the platforms. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

SUDDEN CHANGE OF TOPIC - DOCTOR WHO "WARRIORS' GATE"

This blog is dedicated to my autism so I am allowed to change the topic very suddenly to something else I want to talk about. In this case, ...